The purpose of this subcommittee is to address the types and results of crime occurring in our neighborhoods and other matters that might affect the safety of the residents of Palm Springs.
- Examine crime statistics and distribution of that information.
- Review the type of crimes affecting different neighborhoods.
- Research solutions used by other municipalities to reduce crime.
- Distribute crime-fighting techniques to neighborhood residents.
- Make recommendations, through ONI, to the Palm Springs City Manager.
Methods of Prevention:
- Increase citizen awareness.
- Promote use of locking mailboxes and alarms.
- Neighborhood Watch program.
- Private security services.
- Enhance police/resident communication.
- Home robberies.
- Mail theft.
- Car break in or theft.
- Vacant homes.
- Part time residents.
- The homeless.
- Violent crime.
- Weekend rentals.
- Police response.
- Crime statistics.