Eventually your neighborhood organization also will need to approve bylaws and we’ve provide a sample set of bylaws for you to work from. Make sure that all the requirements spelled out in the application are addressed in your bylaws. Items like:
- The method by which officers are chosen
- Membership and voting requirements
- A system through which the Neighborhood Organization will reasonably communicate with all eligible members on a regular basis. Eligible members shall include all residents, (including business occupants) and owners of property within the Neighborhood's boundaries
- Electing a representative and alternate to the Office of Neighborhood Involvement Committee
- Guaranteeing that all meetings will be open and public and will permit, to the extent feasible, every person eligible for membership to participate in the conduct of business, deliberation and decision-making.